Australia is a country that experiences its fair share of natural disasters such as cyclones, floods and fires. Allianz Global Assistance wants to help ensure you and your family are safe and secure in your home when the next unfortunate event strikes.
Help avoid the cost of damage caused by weather events by using these tips to prepare for storm season:
- Ensure any trees in your yard are maintained with regular trims and dead branches are removed.
- Clean out your gutters regularly to ensure they are clear and there are no blockages.
- Secure outdoor furniture or where possible store away.
- Make sure you have a torch, radio and spare batteries in the house in case power is lost.
- If possible bring your pets inside otherwise take them with you to a safe location.